Friday, January 2, 2009

Ghajini (Hindi) vs Ghajini (Tamil)

The storyline was pretty much the same in both except the ending. The Hindi version, I felt, was crisper and better. The Tamil one had dragged a twin of the villian and blah, blah... into the story.

The emotional scenes in the Hindi version had more stress and rightly so. The song 'Kaise Mujhe' was a well added entity.

The Hindi version also cut down on the length of certain songs and totally did away with 'Ranghola' song in the tamil version. But I felt the Hindi version sorely missed a duet. Both films' numbers will be remembered for a long time.

The Hindi version was slightly more coherent and consistent. The fight scenes in the Tamil version seem to forget the passage of time.

As far as acting is concerned, Surya slightly scores over Aamir. Surya in the flashbacks is more convincing than his counterpart, though I should say I hardly kept an eye on them during that time. Otherwise they were equal to their tasks.

Jiah Khan's role was more sensible than that of Nayantara's, though I am sure quite a few will disagree.

Pradeep Rawat as villain was similar in both, though I am not sure if he lived upto to the expectations of Bollywood followers. I couldn't find anything wrong.

And Asin was ever vivacious and at her best. In the tamil version, I felt the flashbacks were the best part. As in those parts really lighted up the theatre. It was an equally brilliant potrayal in the Hindi version as well.

These were some points which I could compare in the two versions. I would rate the Hindi version slightly higher than the Tamil version taking into account the above arguments. What about you?

No comments: